Today, it is widely accepted that cannabis has two different species: Indica and Sativa. Crossbreeding of the two types has led to a wide variety of hybrid strains with unique characteristics.
Indica dominant strains have more of a physical effective on the body are more suitable for night-time smoking.
Benefits of Indica:
- Relieves body pain
- Relaxes muscles
- Relieves spasms, reduces seizures
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Relieves anxiety or stress
Sativa dominant strains tend to have an uplifting, energetic and “cerebral” effect that is best suited for daytime smoking.
Benefits of Sativa:
- Feelings of well-being and at-ease
- Uplifting and cerebral thoughts
- Stimulates and energizes
- Increases focus and creativity
- Fights depression